Most frequent questions and answers
We aim to accomplish an aesthetic training academy that fulfils all the needs of our delegates, therefore the delegates views and suggestions regarding the theoretical and practical elements of our courses are taken very seriously and discussed at the end of the training to attain this goal.
Please see our Training Overview that provides most of the information you need, however we are frequently asked the questions that we have answered below which we hope you find useful. We are available to answer any questions if you prefer to talk in person on the phone number or email above.
We take your privacy seriously and comply with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018, see our privacy notice here.
We enthusiastically welcome applications from qualified medical professionals with an active registration from a professional regulatory body according to HEE recommendations i.e.
- NMC Nursing and Midwifery
- GMC General Medical Council
- GDC General Dental Council which includes Dental Hygienist/Therapist
- GPC General Pharmacist Council
- HCPC Health and Care Professional Council includes Paramedics, Operating Department Practitioners (OPD) and Physiotherapists
Our courses provide theory, advice on the safest brands, handling complications, hands-on experience and continuing support with advice on all aspects of the actual practicalities in setting up your business. As in all medical situations, you are responsible for your own professional accountability.
We offer continuing support for all delegates who train with us including complications advice from Rita our lead trainer, a closed Facebook group providing support from other delegates and supervised practical sessions if you wish to further your experience. ‘Delegates Days’ – demonstrations, company presentations
Yes, all non-prescribing nurses are welcome to attend our courses.
Many of our delegates are non-prescribing nurses and are aware there are specific guidelines in the NMC and GMC code of conduct governing bodies regarding prescribing for non-prescribers.
When you have finished the course, you will need to arrange for a Doctor or Nurse Prescriber to undertake face to face consultations with your patients.
You will need to work with a qualified prescriber for wrinkle reducing injections If you are not a prescriber yourself.
We have a database of prescribers willing to prescribe for medical professionals we have trained. Any arrangement made is between yourself and the prescriber.
However, there are resources to help you e.g.
- British Association of Cosmetic Nurses (BACN).
- Medical colleagues and friends you may work with.
We provide live models (not mannequins) for foundation courses although some advanced and masterclasses require you to bring one, in particular for botulinum toxin to enable you to see results. We also provide the opportunity for you to be a model yourself to experience treatments.
The Engineer’s House
FREE PARKING ON SITE & COOKED LUNCH WITH UNLIMITED REFRESHMENTS THROUGHOUT THE DAY
Visit their website for further details and location. www.eef.org.uk/venues/engineers-house-bristol
E learning is sent to you on receipt of full payment one month prior to your course date
- Foundation delegates receive a data stick with all the required forms to start your business
- Training by Rita RGN Independent Nurse Prescriber with 21 years of experience in running an established and successful aesthetic clinic. Also teaching in Harley Street for many years before starting Deja Vu Aesthetic Training Academy (DATA) to facilitate requirements in the SW England.
Our model database provides models for your foundation courses (not mannequins)
Post-training support by Rita your trainer with a dedicated closed group page on facebook
- We provide an opportunity to attend ‘Delegate Days’ – demonstrations, company presentations
- We are an essential Curriculum Save Face Training Provider
- Access to DMP for our delegates studying for V300
- Recognised Training Provider by Hamilton Fraser Insurance and Cosmetic Insure
- CPD Certified Courses
- Small class sizes of 6 delegates maximising learning and retention of knowledge
- Training in the latest and most relevant techniques
with leading manufacturer’s products e.g. Galderma, Allergan , Intraline etc
- Hands-on training with professional supervision
- In-depth training of handling complications and relevant protocols
- Provision of emergency kit, starter kits & products (optional purchase)
- Attendance of product specialists on certain courses
- Enthusiastic, friendly and dynamic learning environment
- FREE support material to enable you to establish a safe, competent aesthetic practice
- Guidance on taking clients photographs for ‘before & after’ treatment
- Certificate of attendance with CPD awarded points
- All aspects of opening pharmacy accounts, obtaining insurance, and how to become members of BACN and CRS.
We will supply all products and materials required. start-up kits, emergency kit and dermal filler is available to pre-order for collection on the course.
TRAINING FOR YOUR BUSINESS
DejaVu Aesthetic Training Academy (D.A.T.A) courses are designed to meet the requirements to establish your new business in the aesthetics industry and for practitioners who wish to broaden their knowledge and expertise to enhance their existing clinic.
WE CAN PROVIDE YOU WITH A FULL EMERGENCY KIT, ESSENTIAL TO KEEP IN YOUR CLINIC IN THE EVENT OF A COMPLICATION. ALSO A STARTUP KIT WHICH WILL INCLUDE DERMAL FILLER AND PRODUCTS NEEDED FOR YOUR FIRST TREATMENT. ASK JEMMA FOR DETAILS.
DATA courses are approved and accredited by the CPD Certification Service and recognised by Hamilton Fraser and Cosmetic Insure, leading aesthetic insurers. We are an Essential Training Curriculum Certified Training Provider with Save Face.